Adolescence is a transitional period with many problems including problems of sexuality and HIV/AIDS. WHO noted that in 2017 there were 6,300 new cases of HIV infection in adolescents in Indonesia. Teenagers need to know about sexuality with a morality approach through the role of a mother in the family. One of the educational strategies for mothers is the case-based learning method, where participants can further improve their understanding because they go through a discussion process with case illustrations that explore mothers' opinions and analyzes of a situation.This study aims to analyze the effectiveness of the case-based learning method in increasing mother's kmother’' and attitudes about adolescent sex education. This research is intervention research with a Quasi-Experimental through a Non-Equivalent Group Design approach. The research subjects were 60 people who were grouped into two, namely the learning group with case-based methods and the group with Q&A Lectures that were not chosen randomly.
The analysis of the average knowledge of mothers about adolescent sex education before and after the intervention was tested by a dependent-testst for the intervention group and Wilcoxon for the control group. Analysis of the mean attitudes of mothers about adolescent sex education before and after the intervention was tested with Wilcoxon for the intervention group and dependent-t-test for the control group.The results showed that the case-based learning method was effective in increasing mother's knowledge, while this method was not yet effective for changing attitudes for the better even though the absolute value had increased. Based on the results of this study, recommendations that can be conveyed are case-based learning methods can be used as a method of health education in the community.
Full text article
2. WHO. Strategic Guidance on Accelerating Actions for Adolescents Health in South-East Asia Region (2018-2022). New Delhi: 2018 978-92-9022-647-5.
3. Shofwatun Amaliyah & Fathul Lubabin Nuqul, Desember 2017, Eksplorasi Persepsi Ibu Tentang Pendidikan Seks Untuk Anak, Psympathic, Jurnal Ilmiah Psikologi, Vol.. 4, No. 2, Hal : 157 – 166
4. Dahlan,Sopiyudin. Statistik Untuk Kedokteran Dan Kesehatan Edisi 6. Jakarta, Salmba Medika, 2014.
5. Soekanto, Soerjono. Sosiologi Suatu Pengantar. Jakarta: PT Rajawali Pers. 2015.
6. Meilani N, Shauliyah Z, Suryoputro A. Perilaku Ibu dalam Memberikan Pendidikan Seksualitas pada Remaja Awal. Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional, Vl.8, No.8, Mei 2014
7. Fitra Mulya Fusca Reigina, Moch, Yunus, Desi Ariwinanti. Pengaruh Penyuluhan Terhadap Pengetahuan dan Sikap Merawat Organ Reproduksi Pada Remaja Putri. Jurnal Penelitian dan Pengembangan Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia 1 (II). 2020
8. Sheriff in Abu Ahmadi. Psikologi Sosial. Rineka Cipta, Jakarta. 2022
9. Rusman. Penerapan Pembelajaran Berbasis Masalah. Kurikulum dan Teknologi Pendidikan. Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia. Edutech, Tahun 13, Vol.1, No.2, Juni 2014
10. Mutmainah, Siti. Pengaruh Penerapan Metode Pembelajaran Kooperatif Berbasis Kasus yang berpusat Pada Mahasiswa terhadap efektifitas pembelajaran akuntansi keperilakuan. Simposium Nasional Akuntansi. 2011.
11. Lee, S.-H., Lee, J., Liu, X., Bonk, C. J., & Magjuka, R. J. (2009). A review of case-based learning practices in an online MBA program: A program-level case study. Educational Technology & Society, 12 (3), 178–190
12. Gallagher, S. A. (1997). “Problem-based learning: Where did it come from, what does it do, and where is it going?” Journal for the Education of the Gifted, 20 (4), 332-362.
13. Dadang Djuandi. Pengaruh Pembelajaran Berbasis Masalah Terhadap Sikap Siswa Pada Lingkungan (Studi Eksperimen Quasi Pada Mata Pelajaran Geografi di SMA Negeri 1 Purwadadi). Gea, Jurnal Pendidikan Geografi, Volume 16, Nomor 1, April 2016, hlm 24-33.
14. Dewi Wahyuni, Januari-Juni 2018, Peran Orang Tua Dalam Pendidikan Seks Bagi Anak Untuk Mengantisipasi LGBT. Quatum Jurnal Ilmiah Kesejahteraan Sosial. Vol XIV Nomor 25.