Variation of programs and strategies have been developed by the government to socialize the importance of exclusive breastmilk to mothers and families. One of them is through the pregnancy class in some integrated healthcare centers. However, it is not enough to increase the readiness of mothers to breastfeed their kids. Interesting media and methods that have longer memory retention are needed to deliver the information about breastmilk. One of the method is visual practice, which deliver information through the combination of narration, video, pictures, symbols, analogical stuff and practice. The objective of this aim of this research is to discover the effectiveness of visual practice education on the breastfeeding readiness of pregnant mothers. This research is quantitative research with quasi experiment design, The research used two group pre-test post-test approach. The research was located in Bogor with 20 pregnant mothers in each group as the sample of this research. The data are collected with the breastfeeding readiness questionnaire that was given before and after the intervention is done. Bivariate analysis was done is Mann Whitney. The result found that there is a significant difference in breastfeeding readiness (p<0,05). It is recommended to use this method as one of the methods to promote lactation health preparation.
Full text article
2. Emiyanti, M Zen R, WinarniSri. 2017. Analisis Faktor-Faktor Yang Berhubungan Dengan Keikutsertaan Kelas Ibu Hamil Januari – Juli Tahun 2017 (Studi Di Kecamatan Muara Tembesi Kabupaten Batang Hari Provinsi Jambi). Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat (e-Journal) Volume 5, Nomor 4, Oktober 2017.
3. Tiwari Kamlesh, Neha Savarna, et al. 2018. A study on knowledge of breast feeding and effect of antenatal counseling on exclusive breast feeding in primigravida mothers. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology; Volume 7(8):3311-3315.
4. Sugiyono, 2017, Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, dan R & D, Bandung : CV Alfabeta
5. Dahlan,Sopiyudin,2014. Statistik Untuk Kedokteran Dan Kesehatan Edisi 6. Jakarta, Salemba Medika.
6. Notoatmodjo, Soekidjo. 2012. Pendidikan dan perilaku kesehatan. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
7. Arsyad, Azhar. 2014. Media Pembelajaran. Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada.
8. UNICEF. 2013. ASI adalah Penyelamat Hidup Paling Murah dan Efektif di Dunia Jakarta: UNICEF.
9. Vijayalakshmi Poreddi, T Susheela, et al. 2015. Knowledge, attitudes,and breast feeding practices of postnatal mothers: Across sectional survey. Int j Health Sci; Volume 9(4): 364–374.
10. Ghulam Shabiralyani1*, Khuram Shahzad Hasan2, at el. 2015. Impact of Visual Aids in Enhancing the Learning Process Case Research: District Dera Ghazi Khan. Journal of Education and Practice www.iiste.org; Volume.6(19) 226.
11. Infodatin. 2015. Situasi dan Analisis ASI eksklusif. Kementrian Kesehatan RI. Jakarta.
12. Kartono K, 2006. Psikologi Wanita 1 Mengenal Gadis Remaja dan Wanita Dewasa. Bandung : CV Mandar Maju
13. Yurtsal ZB (2015) The effects of antenatal parental breastfeeding education and counseling on the duration of breastfeeding, and maternal and paternal attachment. Integr Food Nutr Metab, 2015 doi: 10.15761/IFNM.1000134 Volume 2(4): 222
14. Handayani L, Kosnin AM, Jiar YK. (2012). Breastfeeding Education in Term of Knowledge and Attitude through Mother Support Group.Journal of Education and Learning.Vol.6 (1) pp. 65-72.
15. Astutik, R.Y. 2014. Payudara dan Laktasi. Jakarta: Salemba Medika.