One of the efforts to increase breast milk production is to maintain the health and fitness of the mother physically and psychologically. One way is with complementary spa therapy, which in principle provides comprehensive relaxation therapy for the milk production system, starting from improving blood circulation and increasing the mother's metabolism. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of spa therapy using the dasemon (lemon lemongrass) herb on breast milk production and postpartum mother's quality of life.
This research is a research with a pre and post test design approach with a control group located in the area of the Kemang Public Health Center, Bogor Regency. The research was carried out during August to November 2020. The research sample was post partum mothers on the 14th - 40th day of the week as many as 30 people were taken using purposive sampling technique.
Data was collected in the intervention and control groups by using a breast milk production observation questionnaire and a postpartum quality of life questionnaire (PQLQ). The intervention group was given a spa intervention (oxytocin massage with lemongrass oil 3 times/week for 2 weeks, drinking lemon concoction 1 time/day for 2 weeks, and sauna with lemongrass leaf concoction 1 time/week for 2 weeks. Data analysis using t-test In pairs, the results showed that there was a significant effect of daemon spa therapy on breast milk production and postpartum mother's fitness (p=0.000).
Full text article
2. Departemen Kesehatan RI.Paket Modul Kegiatan Inisiasi Menyusu Dini dan ASI Eksklusif 6 Bulan; Jakarta: 2008
3. Stromme SB, Boushel,et al. Cardiovascular and Respiratory Aspects of Exercise Endurance Training. Blackwell Publishing; P 11-173; United Kingdom: 2013.
4. Basuki D. Aktifitas Antibakteri Ekstrak Etil Asetat Tanaman Serai (Cymbopogon nardus (L) Rendel) Terhadap Escherichia Coli dan Staphylococcuus Aureus Multiressien. Universitas Muhamadiyah Surakarta; Surakarta: 2011
5. Fauzi. Aneka Tanaman Obat dan Khasiatnya; Penerbit Media Pressindo; Yogyakarta: 2009.
6. Suja, D., G. Bupesh, N. Rajendiran. Antioxcidant, Antibakterial, Activities
of Citrus Limon and Citrus Linensis Peel Extracts; International Journal of Pharmacognosy and Chinese Medicine. Vol 1 (2). 2017.
7. Sadat, Z., Taebi M. The Relationships Between Mode of Delivery and Postpartum Physical and Mental Health Related Quality of Life; Iranian Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Research: Vol. 18 Issue 6. 2013
8. Notoatmojo S. Ilmu Perilaku Kesehatan: Rineka Cipta; Jakarta: 2010
9. Sugiyono. Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif Kualitatif; Alfabet; Bandung. 2008.
10. Alfian. Potensi Antioksidan Ekstrak Kulit dan Perasaan Daging Buah Lemon (Citrus Lemon) Lokal dan Import. Prosiding Nasional; Fakultas Pertanian UMJ: Jogyakarta; 2017
11. Anita Dwi Puspitasari. Aktifitas Antioksidan dan Penetapan Kadar Vitamin C Perasan Daging Buah Lemon (Citrus Limon) Menggunakan Metode ABTS; Jurnal Ilmiah Teknisains; Vol.V No. 2 November 2019.
12. Notoadmojo. Metodologi Penelitian Kesehatan; Jakarta: Rineka Cipta; 2005.
13. Maryunani, Anik. Inisiasi Menyusu Dini, ASI Eksklusif dan Manajemen Laktasi: Trans Info Media; Jakarta : 2012.
14. Peraturan Menteri Kesehatan RI, No. 28; Tentang Angka Kecukupan Gizi yang Dianjurkan Bagi Masyarakat: Jakarta; 2019
15. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2018
16. P2 LIPI. Quo Vadis Minyak Serai Wangi dan Produk Turunannya: LIPI Press. Cetakan 1; Jakarta.